Christensen Contracting was founded in 1988 by Dave and Sharon Christensen, native Chicagoans, who had a dream of building beautiful homes to bring family and loved ones together….
Dave, a Wheaton Grad, who was known as the guy who could fix anything; Sharon a Business Grad from Taylor U, grew up in the building business as the daughter of Rob Elliot, President of Elliot Construction Company. Together, they have fulfilled their dream through building over one hundred custom homes, as well as remodeling jobs and commercial work.
Christensen Contracting keeps overhead costs low by subcontracting a team of expert craftsman, many who they have worked with them for over 30 years. By subbing out their work, they are able to pass the savings on to you. When you invest in a Christensen Contracting home, you are paying for ALL home and no hidden fees.
Hallmarks of Christensen Homes of Distinction
- Anderson (or comparable) Windows – more than just the minimum to meet code.
- Two-zoned Trane HVAC systems with humidifiers.
- Foam insulated exterior walls that add 70 sq.ft. of actually living space by using 2×4 instead of 2×6 walls. Square footage is measured by outside walls not inside.
- Cellulose sound proofing on all plumbing walls.
- Solid Hardwood flooring on most flooring other than bedrooms and basements.
- All granite tops and custom Brakur cabinets including all baths and butlers pantry -not box cabinets.
- Nine-foot foundation walls with concrete driveways and custom brick paver patios.
- Extra high ceilings on main floor and often in basement or second floor.
- Two-piece crown moulding and wainscoting on whole first floor.
- Custom-built stairs with split painted balusters and oak stained posts and handrails.
- Three coats or Benjamin Moore paint on trim and wall.